The process and the emotions associated with it are all-consuming, making it a particularly stressful period in a person’s life.
Marilyn Stowe, and English family law, outlines the importance of self-care during a family breakdown by addressing 7 tips to help people dealing with a stressful divorce of separation:
- Taking the time to voice your concerns and talk things through with a family member, friend, counsellor or support group.
- Engaging in regular exercise to improve your mood and overall wellbeing.
- Taking time for yourself and prioritising self-care.
- Learning to control your own reactions and letting go of what you cannot control.
- Allowing yourself to face the emotions involved in the process and learning to accept them.
- Reminding yourself that you are not alone.
- Recognising that a divorce or separation is a lengthy process and taking the time you need is important.
If you are going through a divorce or separation and require advice, please do not hesitate to contact Rowan Skinner & Associates Lawyers.
Rowan Skinner is a highly skilled family lawyer with over 35 years of experience across various legal roles and jurisdictions. Rowan specialises in resolving family law disputes such as divorce, financial settlements, child custody and domestic violence cases. Through his diverse and extensive experience, Rowan has a deep understanding of the complexities and nuances involved in family law. Rowan is a skilled negotiator and litigator who follows a compassionate and client-focused approach which prioritises helping you navigate what can be an emotional and challenging time.