Rowan Skinner & Associates is a dynamic legal practice in Clifton Hill with a focus on Family Divorce Law Proceedings.
Rowan Skinner is a former barrister of the Victorian Bar and an LIV Accredited Family Lawyer in Melbourne who specialises in all matters related to divorces and separations.
The question is, how can we help you with your property settlement?
We can give you:
- Advice to enable you to settle the matter yourself;
- Advice to connect you to other professionals, e.g. psychologists;
- Act for you to negotiate with the other side;
- Represent you if court proceedings have been issued, or need to be issued;
As accredited and experienced family lawyers, we have helped clients navigate complicated and heated separations. Divorces We have substantial experience in complex property settlements that involve trusts, companies and international assets. If you are having problems with property disputes in your separation or divorce, contact us for advice.
We offer a free no obligation consultation, so we can understand your situation and provide realistic advice based on the facts.
Please refer to our blog for information concerning the basic process for property dispute resolution (see ‘How Does the Court Divide Property’):
- Clarify what property (assets) there is, and what mortgages or loans are attached to all property;
- Establish how each spouse contributed to the accumulation of property in both financial and non-financial way, including home maker contributions;
- Establish any special needs for each partner. This can include age, illness, retraining for employment, cost of caring for children and other factors;
- Establish a just and fair way to divide up property based on the findings above;
We recognise the value of settling matters early. This can save both costs and stress. If this is not possible, we can also represent you in the Family Court or Federal Circuit Court.
Our team can negotiate a suitable settlement and also prepare the necessary legal documents.
For more information from an experienced property settlement lawyer in Melbourne, Fitzroy, Thornbury, Northcote, Clifton Hill, Kew, South Melbourne, Toorak, Richmond, and other areas, contact us on (03) 9995 9155.